Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall Leaves and Happy Birthday

It is a beautiful fall day here in the Buffalo, NY area.  Sunny and about 60 degrees.  Personally, I'd like it about 10 degrees warmer, but in this area it would be a little unseasonable, but that would be fine with me.  It has been gorgeous though, let's hope it continues.

Today I'm showing you a birthday card.  I love this leaf image (also available in digi form) from QKR Stampede and have been playing with it a lot.   I have a huge stash of scraps, so I went to my scraps and found some fall colors, stamped the image onto them and cut the squares.  I then attached them to a piece of cream colored card stock.  I don't often ink edges, but in this case I thought it helped to soften the over all look.
 
I stamped the Happy Birthday with a stamp from the Happy Birthday set from QKR.  This is a great set as it includes 4 different sentiments.  I used the same scraps for the sentiment and it's layers, then attached it. 

I found this orange "ribbon" in my stash and attached it to the card stock and then attached the whole thing with foam tape to a piece of brown card stock, again from that scrap stash. 
You can see below that I used another piece of ivory card stock with inked edges on the inside. 

I hope you have enjoyed my post for today and that you will come back soon. There will be some wonderful inspiring posts all week, then our Design Team Blog Hop on Friday with loads of wonderful projects.
 
Feel free to leave a comment and become a follower. 

5 comments:

  1. Nicely done Kristie! Very pretty fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your play with the stamp is great.
    I like your card. It's a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. Drizzly and cool here in California today so I made a pot of coffee put on my sweats and slippers and am stamping away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blocks and colors you used for fall.

    ReplyDelete