Monday, July 19, 2010

Special Delivery!

Good morning to all the QKR fans who are visiting today! My project today is a card that was inspired by the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge (SSSC78) found here and uses the Special Delivery (#14010) stamp. When I first saw this stamp on the QKR Stampede website, I just knew I had to have it--what a fantastically different baby image--I just loved the image of the doctor "running" with that new little bundle of joy--such excitement!! For me, this stamp has so many possibilities--wouldn't this image be ideal used for baby shower invitations, baby shower cards, baby arrival announcements, or look great as part of a scrapbook layout???

My card is the standard A2 card (4-1/4" X 5-1/2"), layered with Baby Girl Quilt background paper by AdornIt. The eyelet border was punched with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch, and the yellow layer was run through my Cuttlebug in the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The stamp image was stamped with Ancient Page Coal Black ink and colored with my Prismacolor water color pencils and a blender pen. The flowers are a generic paper flower with added generic rhinestone brads. The "It's A Girl" charm is by Darice. The pink and white ribbon is called Embrace Trim and is by Offray. If you would like to see another card example using this stamp, go to my blog to see another project.

In case you haven't heard, this Friday, July 23, is the Frosty in July Blog Hop which will feature Christmas-themed projects. If you haven't already done so, be sure to mark the date on your calendar and plan to spend some time with us. Tell all your stamping friends to do the same!! Take a few moments to go to the QKR Stampede website to check out the many Christmas stamp images--list some of your favorites and look for them on the Hop!!! There are so many fantastic images available, I had a tough time picking which ones to work with for this Hop. Here is a sneak peek of one of my projects:
Thanks for stopping by and visiting with us today at QKR Stampede. Be sure to come back tomorrow for another fantastic project! And make sure you come back Friday for the Frosty in July Blog Hop and some fantastic Christmas inspiration!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Perfect layout for this card! Can't wait to see that snowman card! Thanks for the sneak peek!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all have to show us on the blog hop, always some great inspiration and ideas there!

    ReplyDelete