Happy Mother's Day!
I know Mother's Day isn't until Sunday,
but I thought I'd be the first to say it.
I made this card using 2 stamps from QKR Stampede.
and Happy Mother's Day from the
"Happy Birthday" set (#22803)
I stamped the Bouquet image onto white card stock and colored it with FlexMarkers and inked the edges.
The sentiment was stamped with the same color ink as I used to ink the edges and that I used to create the base paper.
To create the base I:
1. Ran a piece of waxed paper through the Cuttlebug in an embossing folder.
2. Put a piece of white card stock on either side of the waxed paper and ironed over it. (Place a piece of scrap paper over it before ironing so you don't get wax on the iron.) This transfers the wax to the card stock.
3. Inked the card stock with direct to paper technique. This means you put the ink right from the pad onto the paper. You could use a blending tool if you wish. The wax acts as a resist.
4. Use a paper towel to buff over the entire piece, this will remove any excess ink that is on the waxed areas.
5. Use the newly created patterned card stock.
It's as easy as that!
Make a stop into the QKR Stampede shop and see what images you can find that will be great to use with paper you create with this technique!
Thanks for stopping by today!
I hope you enjoy my card as much as I enjoyed making it.
Leave a comment if you wish and come again soon.