Thursday, August 30, 2012

Queen Bee

Hi everyone,

Tory here again with a project near and dear to my heart. My mom started bee-keeping last year and has asked me to make a scrapbook for her on her bee-keeping to display on her booth where she sells her homemade lip balm.

When I saw this totally cute Queen bee digi, I knew I had to use it! It reminded me of my mom and was so glam I knew it would be perfect to make a title page for the book.

 
 
I used a combo of papers from my fave manufacturers Authentique (dots, bees) and MME (wood paper). The theme colors are based on the Authentique Carefree collection, so reds and tans. I also used two types of alphas. For the Queen, I added glossy accents to pop up the words.
 
My lil bee was colored with Copics and has a bit of Stickles added to give her some glam. Looking at it now I will add some glossy to her eyes to give her more life (its a great trick!)
 
Thanks for stopping by our blog, and remember, stamps aren't just for cards!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your scrapbook page, Tory!! I love that stamp on your page - perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job, I'm sure your Mom is going to love this. I always love when I see people using stamping on scrapbook layouts! Great job.

    ReplyDelete