Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Trust in the Lord

I enjoyed making this card, but photographing is usually a challenge, primarily with embossed cards; getting true color and clarity is the issue. So, the text is actually more readable than you see here.I love this image, and it's a wonderful background for Eureka's large scripture stamps.

First, I embossed the Baroque background image in gold. I cut the panel to 4" x 5.25", trimming off at the top and right sides. I used a craft knife to cut around the one corner that seemed like it would work for this. The vellum was a "sky" vellum; a white/blue cloudy vellum. I'm sorry, I have no idea where I got it.

When I went to affix the Proverbs 3:5,6 stamp to the acrylic mount, I realized that it had been mounted on some faulty EZ mount foam I had gotten years ago, which mysteriously shrunk. I've never had that problem since, and the company had replaced the foam, but evidently I had not used this stamp since then. So, in order to get the edges of the image (I tend to cut right down to the text) on the cardstock, deliberately performed the no-no of tilting the stamp in each direction. If you look at the image on the website for this stamp, you'll see that the letters are not all solid, as this card shows them to be. However, because of using the translucent vellum, I think this makes for a more readable card, so I would actually recommend tipping the stamp, or using a less translucent vellum.

For the upper right corner, I embossed the background image a second time, then cut out from the same area that I used the craft knife on; if you look closely at that bottom left corner, you'll see what I used. However, Eureka has a Filagree corner that I would have used had I owned it. (There is also a coordinating Filagree border and Baroque square).I took an ancient Sanford gold coat pen and faintly edged the background before affixing to the card. I think it would have also looked nice to emboss the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment