Monday, July 2, 2012
A Frog's Best Friend...
It is Katie here today to share with you my first card on the Design Team for QKR Stampede.
Sometime's it's really hard to find cute images aimed at young boys, but this one from QKR Stampede does exactly that!
Recipe & Method:
1. Cut and score a white card to A5 size.
2. Mat and layer Brown card stock, then add the Red spotty paper.
3. Colour the digi image and cut using a circle die. Adhere to Brown Scalloped Circle.
4. Cut a square out of brown card stock slightly larger than the Scalloped Circle and layer chequered patterned paper on top.
5. Cut out a number 5. I used my Cricut to cut it at 3" using the American Alphabet Cartridge.
6. Stick the circle on top of the square and attach to card. Stick the number 5 next to the square and embellish with Frog.
I used pro markers to colour the image: Royal Blue, China Blue, Berry Red, Poppy, Ivory, Dusky Pink, Caramel, Sandstone, Pumpkin, Forest Green, Burnt Sienna.
The Digital Image can be found here
I have to admit I really enjoy making cards for children, the bright colours and fun images always make me smile!
If you would like to see more of my creations you can visit my blog