I have been enjoying all the butterfly stamps that Eureka and Biblical Impressions have. This butterfly comes as a three part pattern, two pairs of wings and the body. The birthday text can be found here.
I love using vellum for butterflies because it echoes the substance of their delicate wings. This purple vellum has subtle swirls in it that adds a sublte depth to the wings. Vellum is a little more challenging to make the curled up look for the wings than paper. After assembling the butterfly, I weighted it down for a couple of hours to allow the glue (diamond glaze) to dry. Then I took a long, heavy, narrow tool, and laid it across the body. Then I took two easy mount stamps that happened to be lying near by, and pushed them under the wings. I left it for a couple of hours, then attached it to the card. I then lay the tool across the body again to make sure the glue adhered.
I put two pictures of the card because one better demontrates the actual purple color (it really has a rich, lovely color, not the greyish look you see in both), but the other is a much better (other than the color) representation of the card.