Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Quilt card


Somehow, a packet of fabric squares from my Grandmother ended up with me, which is rather ironic as I do not sew. Evidently, her parents had a factory that made fabrics, and these were some left over samples. I have a daughter who has done some basic quilting, so eventually I'll pass them on to her. However, it occured to me that I could make some fun background papers with the samples. I have a really shaky hand, so I didn't want to try laying them on the floor to photograph, so I chose several to overlap each other, and scanned them! The first time, I printed it out on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock, but then realized I'd get only two or three patterns that way, and little detail. So, I reduced the scan to a card sized panel. Then, using a stylus, I followed the scalloped edges of the swatches to add depth. I chose pale yellow and a rose pink to add to the antique look of the card. Happily, I had scalloped-edged scissors, and used them to trim the make quilts text.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous idea. When I saw this, I thought it was the fabric on the card. Scanning it is a wonderful idea. Love it!

    ReplyDelete