Thursday, January 20, 2011

Post It Note Holder

Hello crafty friends!  Today I am showing you a Post It Note holder that I made using the Girl with Balloon (#4901) image from QKR Stampede.  When I saw her I thought she was so sweet and had to have her.

I stamped the image onto white card stock and colored her with water color pencils.  I punched the design into the right side with the EKSuccess Flower and Flourish Edger Punch. This was then layered onto pink card stock.

I wanted this to have a generic greeting, so I cut one of my stamps into separate words. (GASP!) I used the Happy Father's Day stamp, in pieces to stamp the Happy Day onto white card stock.  This is from the Happy Birthday Set (#22803) from QKR Stampede.  Once that Happy Day greeting was adhered to the pink card stock I trimmed it all down and used foam mounting tape to adhere it to the top of the note holder.


Here is a view of the inside of the note holder.  I plan to keep it right on my crafting table for quick notes or to use the post its to mask areas on projects when I am stamping. 

Thanks for stopping to see my project, I hope you like it.  Leave a comment and let us know what you think. 

Be sure to come back tomorrow for the Design Team Valentines Blog Hop.  I'm sure all the gals will have some wonderful projects for you to see.
See you then!

10 comments:

  1. Very cute Kristie! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a very cute idea.. so many wonderful ideas from all the DT..thanks for sharing.. I am a follower and Dawn from Dawn Craft Place sent me over here to take a look around.. I am glad she did.. -anne-

    http://annescardchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh how cute I love making post it holders
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh she is adorable on this note Holder- I love this idea and especially in PINK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice project Kristie, she looks so cute with the flourish and flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn from Dawn Crafts sent me. I'm already a follower..cute note holder.
    Minta
    mintab@gmail.com
    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn from Dawn Crafts sent me too! I am a follower! Cute Folder. I am just learning to color with prisma and OMS! Cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! this is so sweet! I love making post it note covers!
    Don't have a blog... I am on Splitcoast stampers as (jaydekay)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did the rest of the hop, which turned out to only be Dawn, as Carol is no longer on the list. I am going to become a follwer as soon as I finish this. Again, great blog hop, great stamps, and it is such fun to see what your team has done.

    Count me as a follower!
    Hugs, Pat Smith

    ReplyDelete