Friday, April 29, 2011

1st Birthday

One of my granddaughter's first words was duck so when I saw this image it was a must have for her birthday this month.  She loved it!

The image was colored with Prismacolor pencils and baby oil using paper stumps for blending.

The waves are cut with ½” and 1” punches, the water drops are from the Scribbles Swirls Sizzix die, it’s the negative portion normally discarded. An application of Stickles was done to both the waves and drops. I did the same for the insert.

The sky is sponged using my hand made cloud template. If you’d like the pattern so you can cut your own you’ll find a link to it under tutorials on right side bar of my blog.

The number 1 is from the Cuttlebug Numbers Collage. I embossed cardstock just larger than the number then cut it out and bordered with colored cardstock.

The envelope was created with a punched out ½” and 1” circles and I traced around a portion of the circle with a Marvy black marker and repeated across with front then colored with Prismacolor pencils.

Stamps: QKR Stampede – 6807 Happy Duck
Paper: Bazzill white and yellow textured, Marco’s smooth white, Stampin Up turquoise and teal
Ink: Memento – Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up – Bashful Blue
Accessories: Stickles, Prismacolor pencils, baby oil, Marvy black marker, Aleene’s tacky glue
Tools: ½”, 1” punches, Cuttlebug and Numbers Collage embossing folder, Scribbles Swirls Sizzix die, paper stumps

5 comments:

  1. Another adorable card. I love the expression on that little ducks face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love the clouds! I thought that was PP...looks so photo perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is that little duck! I bet she did love it.
    blessings to you, Dawn ll

    ReplyDelete
  4. This image is so cute. Wonderful card did you made.

    Hugs Monika

    ReplyDelete