Thursday, April 7, 2011

Life is Good!

Don't you love getting new stamps in the mail?  I know I do.
The other day I got some new stamps from QKR Stampede and today I would love to show you one of the cards I have made with one of those new stamps. 

"Flower Border" (#17915) comes in two sizes, this is the larger size which measures 4.5" x 1.5"  The smaller one is called "Sunflower Border" (#17501) and measures 3" x 1"  I have both of these images and plan to make a card with the smaller image soon.

I recently purchased a blender pen and wanted to try it out, so once I had stamped the image onto white card stock, I used the blender pen and inks to color this image.  I do like the control it gave me and liked the results.  I don't think I would use a blender pen for larger areas, but for small images it works great.

I knew I had some scraps of the yellow plaid paper and the flowers matched perfectly with it.  Once I adhered the yellow paper to the kraft card base, I fussy cut around the image and put that on with foam tape.

The "Life is Good" (#16307) sentiment is also from QKR Stampede.  That is also adhered to the card with foam tape.


Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you have enjoyed my card.  Stop on over to QKR Stampede to see these images and so many more.  I'm sure you'll find some that you will just love.  Order them and they will be in your mailbox before you know it!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

3 comments: