Thursday, February 10, 2011

Altered Tag

Hi there QKR Fans! I am so glad you stopped by today. Today I wanted to share an altered item with you..using THIS QKR Stampede stamp. First...let me show you the "before" photo... I found this tag in my bedroom recently. It was attached to a pair of jeans I purchased a while ago. I saved it to alter...then lost it...because I loose everything...lol. Well I stumbled upon it again the other day, and decided to "fix" it. When I picked out the Philippians 4:4-7 stamp, I wasn't' sure what I was going to do with it...but I just liked it for some reason. So, I thought it would be a perfect fit for this tag. Here is what i ended up with...
What do you think? This is really out of my norm, but I love the way it turned out! I used the papers from Echo Park, and black ink. I covered the tag, and ink distressed the entire thing with black ink. I then added the verse image...which was stamped on cream CS, and also ink distressed. Last I added some embellishments. I added chipboard flowers (which I covered in EP papers), black pearls, black rhinestones, and some white pearls.
Well that is all for now. Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to stop back daily. All the talented DT gals post regularly, and they have such wonderful eye candy to see! Have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. Great job Jessica! Isn't it fun to do something outside of our 'norm'? It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I love this distress look and the verse is perfect.
    I love that you admit you lose things. Don't we all?LOL
    Great job sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Jess. I've been wondering what you would do with that tag since you posted it on your blog a little bit ago. Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job with the altered tags Jessica!

    ReplyDelete