Friday, February 25, 2011

Got me a Frog!


-Prismacolor pencils, baby oil and paper stumps were used to color the image except for the skin which was done with Copic markers.

-I love the out of the box technique for keeping the panel and borders smaller and it made a big difference in the layout for this card.

-The fence image is stamped on both panels at once by measuring and lining the panel up to each other and the card’s edge (repostitional tape held them together). When stamping two layers at once there is always an area that doesn’t get stamped but the borders will cover it. Once the borders are attached it’s easy to line the panels up again with the measurements taken before stamping. I keep small sewing slide rulers handy so I don’t have to jot down the measurements.  Here's a photo of two:

-The faux embossing on the card base is done by punching the frogs, layering two together and gluing them to the card. Trim the edges as needed.

-The Kraft, green, designer paper and frogs were ink distressed.

Stamps: (direct links) 12806 Little Boy, 17814 Wooden Fence
Paper: Stampin Up retired papers including the plaid, Marco’s white
Ink: Memento – Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Ink - peeled paint
Accessories: The Paper Studio – brads, Prismacolor pencils, Copic markers, Aleene’s tacky glue
Tools: McGill frog punch, paper cutter, cutting scissors, paper stumps, mat pack and piercer for bards, sponge

6 comments:

  1. I do love this card, just adorable! I have one of those sewing rulers somewhere and should get it out for this purpose. Great idea, thanks for sharing it Roxie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is this little guy and his frog?
    Love the slingshot in the pocket.
    Always love dimension on a card- great job sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! I love the embossed frogs in the background. Pencils & baby oil? Where could I go to find out how to do that? Your coloring is absolutely beautiful! Also, I just went on my free shopping spree! Wow! Hard decision! I have my wish list made up too now. Hopefully, my friend, PayPal will help me out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card let me smile. Great job.

    Hugs Monika

    ReplyDelete