Thursday, February 24, 2011

Tooth Fairy Quilt

Hi there. I hope you all enjoyed our hop last weekend. I will be picking a winner for the gift certificate later today, and hope to have it posted by this evening. Well today I thought I would continue with using one of the QKR Stampede Angel stamps and show you this Tooth Fairy image. Isn't she cute?!! I colored her with marker, and fussy cut her out. I added some smootch to her wings and the teeth, and some copper stickles to the coin. Next, I layered her onto this "quilted" background with foam tape. There is a great tutorial on Splitcoast for how to make this background. It really is very easy, and looks sooo cool. It is also a great way to use some of those scraps of PP up...since you only need 3/4" x 3/4" squares. Last I added the little pink "pearls" and the rub-on sentiment.
That is all from me for now. Be sure to check out the QKR Stampede Store for more angel images and TONS of other fun images.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - really beautiful Jessica!!!! Love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun idea with the tooth fairy- brings back such wonderful memories.
    Good Luck everyone, can't wait to see who won.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Jess. I love this background technique, will have to remember it for future use.

    ReplyDelete