Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall Frame

Hi there, Jessica with you today. I hope you have enjoyed your month of September. Can you believe it is almost over????!!! Seems like we were just talking about the first day of school, and now we are almost a month in here. Well today I wanted to share an altered frame I made the other day. I was in my LCS and saw this wooden frame for only $1. So I impulsively spent money I didn't have to buy this frame...lol. I just love the way it turned out, and couldn't wait to share it with you. I used the gorgeous LEAF image from QKR Stampede. I started by Mod Podge-ing the brown paper onto the frame. Next I used my Cricut to cut the word "Fall" from some fall patterned paper. Next I added the leaves. Here is a close up of the leaf image. Didn't it turn out soooo pretty? I just love the way it ended up looking. I used the baby wipe technique to create this. If you have never done that there is a great "How-to" HERE. It is really very simple, and turns out some gorgeous results. I used 4 different re-inkers to make this one (brown, red, orange, and green). Since I had the baby wipe "ink pad" made, I ended up stamping off like 6 of these. The cool part is each one is just a little different. As the baby wipe sits, the ink blends a little more. Last, I added some bling. What fun is a project without bling???? I added some heat set crystals in a swirl pattern. The swirls reminded me of wind blowing in the fall.

Well that is all from me for now. Be sure to stop back soon...the new Design Team will be announced soon! I can't wait to see all the new talent that will be part of the QKR Stampede Team!

4 comments:

  1. GREAT project Jess. I love the way that you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this frame, Jessica!!! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job on this frame Jess! I have that stamp too and am loving working with it!

    ReplyDelete