Thursday, September 2, 2010

Snowman Ornament



I am so ready for some cool weather, and I'm hoping that by creating some fun Christmas ornaments, it will bring the cool weather here quicker. Ya think that'll happen?? LOL

I had fun creating this ornament. I cut out two red scallop squares and adhered the backs of these two squares to each other. Then I stamped the snowman on two white squares, colored them, and adhered them on both sides of the red scallop squares. The last thing I did was pop a hole at the top and tie some ribbon to hang the ornament with.

This would be a fun and easy project to do with your children. Stamp the images ahead of time and let your kids have a blast coloring. Don't forget to date each ornament. You could make this a family tradition to create some ornaments every year. Wouldn't that be fun to see your children's ornaments from age 5 to age 18? :-)


Stamps:
Winter Friends from QKR Stampede

Ink:
Tuxedo Black Memento

Paper:
Real Red
White

Other:
Copic markers
cropadile
ribbon - Stampin Up
square and scallop square dies - Spellbinders

3 comments:

  1. Really cute Holly! What a great idea. He's a super cute snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely precious, Holly! I love how you colored him. I'm with you--hoping for cooler weather; of course, it's not as HOT here as it is by you, but it's still miserably hot and humid.

    ReplyDelete