Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Gone Fishing! (re-post)


OOPS!
This post didn't get posted in the right spot, 
so I am re-posting where it should be!
Hello from Minnesota! Barb Best here. 
I was lucky enough to be one of the first recipients of my May stamps! 
Color me happy! 
My project today features the stamp 'fishing lure" # 20403.  
Our Minnesota opener takes place in May, 
so in celebration, my creations this month will be fishing related.

This little project I made for a friend of mine at work. 
She is a fishing addict - to her, the fishing opener is a high holiday!
I thought she could use it at work for her out of office sign
 when she is 'Gone Fishing'

I started with a Bazzil chipboard luggage tag.
 I took a light lavender piece of paper and embossed it with
 my Cuttlebug Herringbone embossing folder.
Then I cut out of darker purple a scalloped oval and embossed 
that with the same embossing folder.
 I cut a plain oval from white paper and stamped my lure in black ink.
I colored with colored pencils, a silver signo pen, and a black glaze pen. 
I added a fish eye to make the lure look more real. 

Then I covered the image in Glossy Accents and added some glitter for a little bling. 
After is was dry - I stamped Gone Fishing (Memory Box) below the image. 
I then rubbed some glittery chalk around the edges. 
I tied two different ribbons on the handle. 
Who says fishing can't be feminine?
Hope you enjoyed your visit! 
Be sure and check out the other design team members blogs! 
There are some cute things out there!
Gone fishing! Later!

Barb

2 comments:

  1. Really cute, Barb! I love how the lure sparkles! What a great way for your friend to indicate she is out of the office!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love how this turned out. I have got to play more...

    ReplyDelete