Monday, May 3, 2010

Sailing Away

Happy Monday! Can you believe it's already the third of May?!? Carol, here, with another card created using the Large Ship stamp from QKR Stampede. I absolutely LOVE this image and can imagine so many creative possibilities.


This was my first time attempting this technique, but I just love how it turned out. Of course, it could stand a few little tweaks here and there, but overall, I am very pleased. I really love the look of the waves and how the ship looks as if it's being tossed about, and how the "water" glistens. In order to create this card, I sponged and brayered the ink colors (SU! Apricot Appeal, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, and Tempting Turquoise) and stamped the Large Ship using Jet Black StazOn ink. Glitter was added to enhance the glistening water. Thanks for stopping by and spending some of your morning with us here at the QKR Stampede blog. Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. WOW you did a great job. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work
    I am loving these cards created with the boat
    Thanks for the inspiration
    Theresa Kamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS card Carol! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have looked at this SO MANY times!! You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete