Monday, May 31, 2010

What Would I Do Without You?

I love this sentiment--What Would I Do Without You--and thought it paired wonderfully with the Girlfriends stamp that I used here. In honor of the Memorial Day holiday, my project is in red, white, and blues and includes stars and stripes. After stamping this image in a waterproof dye ink, it was colored with Prisma watercolor pencils and blended with a blender pen. The white space of the main image was minimized by sponging Memento Summer Sky ink.


The inside of the card:


This card is a 5" square easel card. Easel cards are great because they fold flat for mailing but, once in the hands of the recipient, can be opened and displayed. The decorative ribbon and the button help to keep the card propped open.


Please be sure to take a moment today to remember the men and women who served in our armed forces and made the ultimate sacrifice in order to protect our country and our freedoms. Please, also, take a moment to think of the men and women currently serving in our armed forces. If you want to see another project today using QKR Stampede stamps, go to my blog here and see another project that I have done using the Relaxing Gnome stamp; just a little tease . . . that project is not a card. Thanks for stopping by today and spending some time with us here at QKR Stampede! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card!!!!! Who wouldn't be THRILLED to receive this card in the mail!!! Beautiful job. Love the easel idea. I need to learn how to do them. GREAT CARD CAROL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. I love the color and paper combo. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete