Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello!  Happy Friday and the start to a 3 day weekend if you are within the USA. Did you know that memorial day used to be called Decoration Day? The alternative name of "Memorial Day" was first used in 1882. It did not become more common until after World War II, and was not declared the official name by Federal law until 1967.  Just a little history for ya.


JennK here with you today to share another card I created with the train stamp.  I used this stamp on a fathers day card a few weeks ago.  I love the versatility of this image.  This time I tried something different and paired the stamp with some beach themed papers.  I gotta tell ya I am really pleased with the final result.
Here it is...what do you think?  I just LOVE the colors and the fact that this image looks great whether I color it in or not.  Next is a picture of the inside of the card.  I really like to finish the inside too.
I hope you have enjoyed my card and the little history lesson today.  Hopefully I showed how versatile this image can be.  
Have a wonderful long memorial day weekend!
Thanks so much for stopping by today, JennK

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL card, Jenn! I love the paper layers, flowers and button, and the distressing--love everything about it! I love the versatility of these train stamps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! I love what you did with the inside too, very nice card indeed!

    ReplyDelete