Monday, May 24, 2010

Ride 'Em Cowgirl & Blog Hop Winner!

It's my turn to share with you today! Holly just used this stamp a few days ago on a card and it was just amazing! Today I thought I would show you how easy it is to create your own embellishment for a scrapbook page using the same stamp.

I had this old photo of my sister when she was about three years old, riding this pony. I thought it was cute and it reminded me of the awesome stamp, L:il Cowgirl. So I thought it would be fun to make my own embellishment for this layout:










It was so easy to do! I stamped and coloured the image, then ran it through my Cuttlebug using my Peony Nestabilities to cut it out. Then I used some of my colorbox chalk to ink the edges to coordinate with my patterned paper and the colours in my layout:









If you like to create layouts as well as cards, next time you're making one up think of how fun it would be to use a QKR Stampede stamp as an embellishment. It's a pretty cute one, if I do say so myself! And there are loads of great stamps in the store. Go on and check it out!

But before you do...I am sure you want to know who has won the prize for the Blog Hop! The winner of the fabulous $25 shopping spree (plus free shipping!) is Kristie Maynard! Congratulations to you! Just e-mail Meredith and let her know which stamps you have chosen and she will pop them in the mail for you!

Happy Stamping everyone!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! What a great way to use your stamps to embellish a scrapbook page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh!!!! I am soooo excited that I won the prize from the blog hop! It'll take me a little while to decide what I want, but I will send off an e-mail asap! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layout, Jerusha, and great colors!! Fantastic way to preserve a family memory!

    ReplyDelete