Wednesday, June 16, 2010

How does YOUR garden grow?

Hello QKR fans ! It's Wednesday and it's my turn to post! 
This week my card features 13710 Watering and 12407 Garden Grow.
I'm trying to think summer here in rainy Minnesota. 
I used my oval nestabilities to cut an oval from white paper. Then I distressed the white paper with Distress inks to give an aged look. The ragdoll is stamped in black then colored with colored pencils. Then I layered it onto a scalloped oval cut from pink paper. A little doodle-ing around the edges give the oval a little definition.
I made my card a 5 1/4" square card. The background paper is from Doodlebug. If you click here I have another card posted at my personal blog using the same background paper but in a different color. That is one thing I love about these stamps - they are very versatile!!!
 
I used my Martha Stewart border punch to punch the white border 
then adhered it to a strip of pink paper and used mounting tape
to bump it up so it didn't get lost against the bright pink card. 
The pretty ribbon I had in my 'stash'. 
Just a nice and summery card!
Glad you could stop by today! 
Hope you will leave a comment. 
They are always appreciated!

Barb

2 comments:

  1. Barb, love your whole layout. Great job, and who wouldn't love a ragdoll?? Gonna have to get this stamp eventually. JessieMae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, Barb! Love the layout, colors, coloring, . . . everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete