Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wordy Butterflies




Have you seen this Love Faith Hope set over in the QKR Stampede store? I had to have this as soon as I saw it, and here are some quick and simple cards using each of the four words.

I love seeing sets of cards in different colors, and that is what I've done here. I chose to use some bold summery colors - Olive, Pumpkin, Teal, and Riding Hood Red from Stampin Up. The butterfly is die cut and then dry embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I stamped each word and then punched it out with an oval punch and matted them with a scallop oval punch.

Instead of using pearls or bling for the butterfly bodies, I decided to go bold and chunky with large clear buttons. I tied them with some tiny white ribbon (1/8") and adhered them with glue dots.

I hope you head over to QKR Stampede to see all the great stamps they have in their store. It's so much fun to browse through all the different categories. :-)

Stamps:
Love Faith Hope set from QKR Stampede

Ink:
Teal, Olive, Pumpkin, Riding Hood Red

Paper:
White, Teal, Olive, Pumpkin, Riding Hood Red

Other:
clear button
white ribbon - Offray
oval and scallop oval punches - EK Success
Swiss Dots embossing folder - Provocraft
butterfly die - Sizzix

4 comments: