Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ornate Scripture

I thought this card was going to be extrememly difficult to make, especially having to cover up the original "L" at the beginning of Eureka's 1 Corinthians 13 verse so that I could use the (Garden Square) alphabet cube.  I took a post-it pad and cut tiny strips to place over the L while inking. 

I colored the cube with pencils, and lightly chalked the background and the filagrees with a light yellow.  After stamping the L in black with versafine ink which is gives nice dark coverage, it still seemed a little light, so I added on a little black embossing powder.  By the time I did so, the ink was partly dry, but it still did the job.

All images (besides the verse) are located on this same page.  The whole alphabet is present, as well as several other cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment