Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Simple Scripture card



I love when elegance and simplicity come together in a card!  The background is a darker beige than what you see here, and keeps the card from being too dark.  The Romans 15:13 scripture was embossed in gold. The gorgeous, dimensional background is from a wallpaper sample book.  Our local Sherwin Williams is always happy to pass these on to customers.  I think someone has an "in" with one of the employees, because certain themes have always been gone when I get there, and I usually get there immediately after they say they remove the books from the shelves!  Fortunately, the really elegant themes, and sometimes really amazing textured themes, are usually left.  I have made journals as well with this particular pattern, and they've been the first to sell.  I also have covered shoe boxes with wallpaper.  It strengthens the box, as well as making it a decorative item, and one that easily wipes clean.

1 comment:

  1. That is one beautiful card! Very elegant! I love the idea of wall paper on the card. Maybe that's what I need to cover my coupon box with, hadn't thought of using it, but that's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete