Monday, June 18, 2012

Pocket Card with Rose

Hello Crafters!
Today I have a pocket card to show you.
I like making different styles of cards and I love this pocket card.
It's simple to make. I used a piece of cardstock cut to 4 1/4" x 11" scored at 5 1/2" I also scored it at about 3 1/2" and folded that area forward to for the flap where the sentiment is. I did trim some of that flap off as I felt it was a bit too big for the card.
The stamps I used are
"Rose" (#17505)
"Life is Sweeter" (#9102)
Both from QKR Stampede
I used the "Rose" stamp in a couple ways.
First I stamped the entire image onto the lower corner of the card with VersaMark ink.
Then I used just some of the leaves to stamp the other lower corner
as well as the top of the pocket.
I made a card to slip inside the pocket.
I punched 2 circles, one slightly smaller than the other, layered them, folded them and adhered them to the top of the card.
I added a little embellishment from my stash.
You could easily add a flower or a brad like this, or punch a hole and add a bit of ribbon.
I hope this card shows you that stamps can be very versatile, you just need to use your imagination.   Use part of the stamp, use all of the stamp, use different kinds of ink for different effects and have fun.

I'm so glad you stopped by today.
Leave a comment if you would and come again soon!

1 comment: