Friday, January 6, 2012

The Wonderful Names of Jesus II


As a design team member for both Biblical Impressions and Eureka, I thought it might be fun to occasionally post similar images from each. My first post featured Eureka’s Names of Jesus image; here is Biblical Impression’s Names of Jesus image.

This was one of those designs in which what I planned to do and what I ended up doing were very different. I had embossed the NOJ with clear powder, planning to ink not quite to the border of the stamps, so that the border words were legible, but sort of fading off into the background. Then I planned to iron off the embossing, and tear the edges. But in an ADD moment I forgot my original plan and did a more traditional inking (using Brilliance ink pads), and having already messed up my original idea, went for straight edges. While most of my cards are standard A2 designs, this one is slightly larger so that I could frame the stamp better, and cover up less of it with the smaller scripture, which is Psalm 113:3, available on the full sheet, Be Still.

2 comments:

  1. This is very pretty!I love the inking .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! Isn't it funny how you have something in your mind and the end result is sooooo different? I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete