Tuesday, January 24, 2012

You're a Star!

Hello all! It's Kristie sharing today.
I have always loved when I see cards made with pages from old books and I have a couple books that I keep just for that purpose.
I love how this card turned out!
I used the Lg Patriotic Star (#11603) from Eureka! Stamps to make this card.
I tore a page out of an old book and stamped the star image randomly all over the page with red Distress Ink. I then used clear embossing powder to heat emboss the images.
As you can see I layered a couple layers onto a red card base to give a bit of dimension.
For the inside I randomly stamped onto another page from the book with red Distress Ink.
I used my computer to print the sentiment onto white paper, then used a bit of Antique Linen Distress Ink to tone down the bright white of the paper. I stamped a star into the center of the sentiment. I didn't want the star to overpower the sentiment, so I stamped it onto scrap paper and then onto the sentiment.

I think this card could be used for Valentine's Day, as a congratulations card, or for anytime you just want to let someone know you care or are proud of them.

There are many wonderful image in the Eureka! Stamps Store that can be used for a lot of different occasions, just try to think outside the box and use your imagination.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you will leave a comment and come back again soon.

1 comment: