Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Final QKR post: Large Roses

Today is my last post as a Design Team member for QKR Stampede. Maribeth also owns Biblical Impressions and Eureka! stamps and invited me to stay on. I agreed to work with Biblical Impressions line and my first post will be Friday for our first Biblical Impressions blog hop.

For this card I stamped in black and embossed with QKR's Large Roses stamp. This image is 4.5" x 4.5". I stamped it on Georgia Pacific white paper and colored with Tombow Dual Brush Tip markers and blending pen.
Papers are from My Mind's Eye and ribbon is some that my bestest online friend Michelle sent me. The color was PERFECT!

By coloring and blending on paper that isn't watercolor paper you get a little bit of "peeling" with the paper. I love how this give texture to the flowers and makes them look real!


The colors I used from left to right are: 025, 873, 925,491, 243, 192, 158, N00
My card is 5.5" square.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and your coloring of the roses couldn't be better, nice job with the Tombo markers and paper choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, you did a beautiful job coloring this! I love the colors you chose and the papers are perfect with this image and color palette! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete