Sunday, May 15, 2011

More peacock feathers

Hello stamping friends!

I wanted to share with you another way that I have used that Peacock Feather (#6301) Stamp from Eureka! Stamps.

I needed a title page for the wedding scrapbook I was making and I wanted it to be pretty basic, but I wanted to have "Made with love by Aunt Kristie" on the page.  The problem is that I hate my handwriting and thought it really took away from the look of the page.  After hemming and hawing I decided to hide it.  The peacock feather at the left of the page is metallic gold, printed on the page, so I thought I would use my Peacock Feather stamp to mimic that look.

I used VersaMark ink to stamp it onto some offwhite card stock and embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I layered that onto a piece of coordinating card stock from the Royal Garden stack from DCWV, the same as I used for their
names.  The base card stock for this page is also from that stack.
I attached this piece at the top only, so it can flip up to read what is written under it. 
Sorry the close up picture isn't better, it is very tough to get a picture with out some reflection, you can see how shiny this metallic embossing is.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

2 comments: