Sunday, May 8, 2011

Peacock feather

Hello all you stamping friends!

Today I'm showing you a scrapbook layout that I made for an album of my nephew's wedding. 
He and his lovely bride were married this past October and I decided to make a scrapbook for them.  I have just finished it (sssshhhhhh!  don't tell, they don't know about it yet) and on this page I stamped the Peacock Feathers (#6301) from Eureka! Stamps.  They used peacock feathers for bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages etc. at their wedding and their colors were turquoise, brown and a bit of purple.
This is the entire double page layout showing their invitations, directions and the recipe cards they sent to each guest.  I also designed and made the recipe cards for them.
Here is a closer picture of one of the feathers. 
I stamped it onto the page with Perfect Medium then used Perfect Pearls to color it.  Perfect Pearls give it a wonderful shimmery shine.  I am thrilled with the way they turned out. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you like the way I have used stamping in my scrapbooking.  There are lots of ways to use stamps, not just for cards.  Try some on your next scrapbook layout.

Stop in at the Eureka! store and see the wonderful stamps they have to offer.  I'm sure you'll find a lot of images that you will love.

Until next time, Happy Crafting.

3 comments:

  1. Kristie this turned out fabulous!!! I am so glad you could share it- promise not to tell them...lol
    Love those colors you used.
    I know they will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This album is turning out awesome. I love what you have done with it!

    ReplyDelete