Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Beach

I used the Biblical Impressions Palm Tree image for this peaceful scene and you can find it in the Landscape section.
The scene is created by masking with torn paper and sponging on ink. I tear the water line as straight as possible; I like torn paper to create waves

After all the sponging is done I remove the oval mask and stamp on the tree. To create a mask so I can sponge on the tree trunk color I cut out the truck and discarded it and use what we would normally throw away.

Prismacolor pencils were used to add color to the leaves and coconuts and I’m thinking now…why didn’t I do that for the trunk!

Signo white gel pen was used to add the water foam.

My faux brads were cut from cardstock with the Cuttlebug Tiny Tags die, glued to the card and covered with Aleene’s Paper Glaze.

The base is stamped repeatedly with a small background image without masking.

The image panel and border are popped up with pop dots.

Images: Biblical Impressions
Paper: unknown - tan, Bazzill – light turquoise, Beckett – white
Ink: Memento – Tuxedo Black, Ranger distress inks: scattered straw, dried marigold, spiced marmalade, tea dye, frayed burlap
Accessories: Aleene’s tacky glue, Paper Glaze, Signo white gel pen, Prismacolor pencils
Tools: sponge, Nestabilities, torn paper, Cuttlebug Tiny Tags die

1 comment: