Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mosaic Squash



It's Holly posting today, and I fell in love with this Mosaic Squash when I saw this in the Eureka store. There is a whole collection of mosaic images - squash, pumpkin, leaves, and sentiments. Look under the Fall section in the store and you'll see all the mosaic images on pages 2 and 3.


I used the Tissued Color technique from Technique Junkies to color in the squash, and I sponged the edges of the oval with some Antique Linen distress ink. I added some raffia, some punched leaves, and this pretty little flower on the edge of the image. That pretty little flower is from the Orange paper flowers collection in the QKR Stampede shop.

I love the fall season - cool, crisp air contrasting with the warm sun shining down on me, hay rides, trips to the pumpkin patch, and the promise of some great holidays coming up. Ahhhhhh.........


Stamps: Mosaic Squash from Eureka Stamps
Ink: Curry, Tangerine, Durango, Walnut Stain, Antique Linen
CS: Curry, Chocolate Chip, Vanilla, Indian Summer (Basic Grey)
Other: button, raffia, Frond punch (Martha Stewart), oval dies, brads, flower from QKR Stampede
TJ Technique: Tissued Color

No comments:

Post a Comment