Thursday, August 25, 2011

A little Gift

Sorry this post is a little later then what I would have liked ot have it up, but we had a pretty nasty thunder storm last night, and it knocked out my Internet. I don't do well without my Internet or wifi...lol. Well, today I wanted to share a little experiment with you. I have seen these done before, but wasn't sure the measurements, so I "experimented" myself, and ended up with a cute little gift. Well, I started with one of those tall note pads you can get from the $1 section of the craft stores or Target. They have magnets on the back, so I just ripped those off. (those magnets may come in handy another time.) Then I did some measuring, and finally ended up with this...

Cute huh? I used the coffee cup/tea cup paper that I picked up at my LSS. I measured the notepad, and cut the paper accordingly. I am finding that to give exact measurements to you would be pointless, because the other pads I did this with are a different size then this one. So the best I can tell you is to measure the pad, and add a 1/4 - 1/2 inch to each side for a little boarder. The "binding" or folded edges are about 1/4 inch more then the actual thickness of the pad. Next I decorated the front. The coffee mug is actually a little magnet that came with the notepad I used. I simply ran it through my Xyron, and attached it. My favorite "embellishment" is the stamped Sentiment. That is just so funny to me...since I am such a coffee person. I don't' function without my coffee in the morning. This summer I have switched to iced coffee so I still get my coffee, but it isn't too hot to drink in the heat. Well that sentiment is a stamp from QKR Stampede. It is called Smell the Coffee, and was just perfect to go with the saying on the notepad. Check out the inside... After I finished the front, I felt the inside needed a little something more, so I added the little pocket. Again, the measurements depend on your notepad for the pocket, but I just measured it with some extra room for tabs (so fold under and add adhesive). For this one, I stuck a few little instant coffees in there. Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute idea, I love the little pocket with the goodies. This could be adapted for so many different occasions. Nice little gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute gift idea and cheerful paper.

    ReplyDelete