Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fall Leaf

Hello! I don't know about where you live, but here in Buffalo, NY I think summer has left us. Although, I will admit that I am finally able to sleep at night, and I LOVE the cool temps at night. My husband thinks I am crazy, but I love sleeping with the cool breeze coming in the window, and a blanket on...lol. I know in some parts of the USA, the kids started back and school this week. My kids don't go back until Sept. 7th, but I can feel the "fall" spirit. So today I decided to share a fall themed card with you using the Solid Oak stamp from Biblical Impressions. A very simple card for you here, but sometimes simple is good. I really wanted the focus of this card to be the leaf. So I stamped it with Versamark, and embossed with copper embossing powder. Then I fussy cut it out, and curled up the edges just slightly. When I glued the image down, I only put glue along the "veins" of the leaf, so the edges would stand up. The PPs I used are from CTMH, and the lace ribbon trim is from SU. Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment