Sunday, August 7, 2011

Shower invitations

Hello all! 
I hope your weather is as beautiful as mine is here.
It's a beautiful, sunny day here in Western New York.
The perfect day to show you the invitations I'm making for my nieces shower.

I used the beautiful "Bouquet" (#16220) image from QKR Stampede.
I have used this image many times, guess that's because it's one of my favorites, it can be used for so many different kinds of project.
The image was stamped onto white card stock and colored with
watercolor crayons. 
I used a Nestabilities die and my Cuttlebug to cut the oval shape,
 then inked a bit around the edges of the oval.

I used a Fiskar's border punch to make the "belly band" and adhered the Bouquet image to it.  This band can just slide off the card. 
When you slide the band off, the card opens to a little 'box' where I will put all the information about the shower.
The card is made from one sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper.

If you are interested in how to make these cards, send me an e-mail and I will get the info out to you.

Aren't these just lovely? 
I love that each one will look a little different, since they are all hand colored. 
I will also be making them with different colored bands and possibly some with different papers for the 'card'

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Then head over to QKR Stampede and see what other wonderful images you can find for a beautiful, sunny summer day.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

2 comments: