Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happy Day Card

Hi all, Kristie here today!

Today I'd like to share with you a "Happy Day" card.
For this card I used the "Butterfly Background" (#58501) from Eureka! Stamps
I also used part of the "Happy Birthday" set (#22803) from QKR Stampede and some of their lovely paper flowers. 
Did you know that QKR Stampede also has supplies other than stamps?
If you "Go Shopping" then click on the 'supplies' link you will see that there are links for Sticky Powder, Paper Flowers, Gold Leaf and more.

For this card, I started with plain white card stock and used Distress Ink to make a nice shade of sky blue, I layered the paper flowers and added some brads in the centers and attached them to the card with glue dots. 
I stamped the "Butterfly Background" on water color paper with VersaFine ink and colored it with watercolor crayons, fussy cut one of the butterflies and attached it with a pop dot on the body area. I 'curled' the wings out to give them a bit of a 3-D look.

I have cut apart the Happy Birthday greeting from the "Happy Birthday" set and used the pieces to stamp Happy Day onto the front of the card.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you will stop by Eureka! Stamps and 
QKR Stampede and check out the stamps and other supplies that they have to offer.

Until next time, Happy Crafting! 

2 comments:

  1. This is a beauty- love how you shared the flowers.
    blessings to you, Dawn ll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete